I will make a concrete pick up an arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over for pick up once you receive full payment into your account. I'm thinking sure u can have this rust bucket just send the $$ first. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the paypal charges on this transaction and if you do not have an account with paypal, its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. The reality is that you would also need to know the billing address in the very small chance the user is still receiving regular paper bills. I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to Darwin after the whole funds has been cleared into your acct. I will need this following details so i can proceed with the payment right away. "Registering for a PayID is done within your usual mobile or internet banking and requires you to go through a number of identification and verification steps. But the issue is i am an oceanographer and i have a contract now so am presently on sea. 12 Sept 2018 4)Your personal mobile #, Kindly get back to me with your paypal email address or better still you can send me a paypal invoice so that i can complete the transaction. The scammer messaging me today is named Rob O Martin. PayPal only authorises the process when you log into your account and match the reference number from a deposit they have made into your account to prove that you are the owner. Thanks for getting back mate, I'm ok with the condition as described on the advert and what price are you willing to sell without the reg and rwc. I got suspicious very quickly as well. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 5days off and 25days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. and why are you selling it if you don't mind my asking. "in talks with freight company to discuss pick up" - someone with that kind of money to waste and time to waste buying a $50 old bed from gumtree, pay for it to be sent halfway across the country would not be in "talks with freight company". Thank you everyone. By reporting it and talking openly about your experience, you’re helping others to recognize and put a stop to them. Many buyers have been scammed this way. and why are you selling if you don't mind my asking. Sergeant Connor said some members of a syndicate in Brisbane had been charged but their victims were spread across south-east Queensland. I cannot take calls or make one during this mission because it is prohibited, we are allowed to use internet facility only and I squeezed out time to search for the advert because I want the courier agent to deliver it to my new house in Riverton, South Australia before my arrival. I just cant believe that Gumtree is not putting up a warning on their site. I am away at sea at the moment,i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kapo project. I will need your Account name, BSB and Account number. We do not have access to phone at the moment, its 5days off and 25days on which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. I don't mind adding an extra $300.00 for you just to take down the posting..I am already in talks with freighters that will handle the pickup and delivery .I will really appreciate if you can email more info. Every other payment system including paypal is vulnerable to scams. Then I doubt if someone can scam you with these numbers so I browsed and I found this page. Follow our live coverage for the latest news on the coronavirus pandemic. But he had letters from Westpac, but I called Westpac and it was NOT from there. I then emailed and got a reply approx. I just received a text message from someone named 'Jane Brock' saying she was interested to buy my gym equipment and advised she will transfer the money on paypal and asked me to share my bank account details. She worked on an oil rig (New Zealand Oil & Gas) and was presently offshore so was unable to answer any phone calls. Thanks for your write up on the possible scenarios of online scammers. Kindly get back to me with your location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now? Out of curiosity I emailed her. No. So glad to see Exactly the same scenario as happened to me today. "I never thought I'd get scammed and believe it or not, after 12 years in the investigation game, I got scammed myself," he said. If you are not comfortable with that, you can set up a PayPal account properly at www.PayPal.com.au and I will make the payment through PayPal, this way, all I will need is your PayPal email address. Although I write about Gumtree, the scam detailed below can be perpetrated on any public buying and selling website. Pity what the world has come to. John said people should never sell items without first having money in the bank or in the hand. FYI - this is details from scam email I received 8 Sept 2019, The EXACT same thing just happened to me!!! But when I was asked for my bank account details by a potential buyer, I hesitated. I did go through your advert and I am satisfied with it. Pleased to say I felt uneasy and did not fall for it. To answer Renata's question I think if a person has your full name, your email address, your phone number, and your bank bsb and account number, they can steal your identity or set up an account pretending that they are you and then make withdrawals from your own bank account into the fraudulent thank account- If gumtree is taking no action I suggest reporting it to the police and maybe that they can trace the email addresses back to the source- if I have the energy and financial resources to do so . and why are you selling it if you don't mind my asking. Bank transfer into someones account is exactly how 99.9% of transactions safely occured before paypal shoved it's way into the market. Thought it was safe considering the private information that he provided. That can't be right - or it can just very uncommon). Whilst I answered the questions I did not provide my bank account details. Just got one to, literally 30mins after putting the post up. There is no way to get the money back from the seller. Click for current rate information. Yeah right. Someone contacted me offering to pay the price I have requested. The red flags for spammers on Gumtree are usually dodgy English, asking questions already answered in the ad, brand new Gumtree accounts, and insisting on transactions being done by email rather than phone. Anyway I ignored the niggling feeling because I was a bit excited I had a potential buyer so quickly. Basically I'm selling a PS5 on gumtree. You have to wonder about these scams, like is there a set of scam rules that all emails must have spelling errors, must appear written by someone unfamiliar with English language or subject matter, and constant repetition of nonsense. Also not sure if this is correct - the scammer sends you an automated text message to contact them via email, purportedly from Gumtree. Oh no! I bought the laptop back after … I don't mind adding an extra $100.00 for you just to take down the posting..I am already in talks with freighters that will handle the pickup and delivery .I will really appreciate if you can email more info, Due to the nature of my work i am a very busy man working all day, am a (Operating officer) am presently on-board, i don't have access to my bank account online as am not with my credit card details here but i have my ANZ bank account link up with my PayPal account so I will be paying you through Account to your nominated bank account or better still is if you have a PayPal account ,please get back to me with your BSB and account details or PayPal account so i can proceed with the payment and contact the courier agent who will come to pick it up and deliver it in NT for my son .Await your reply. Do you think it's a scam? If you don't feel cold hard cash in your hands, you do not give your goods to anyone. I don't mind adding an extra $300.00 for you just to take down the posting..I am already in talks with freighters that will handle the pickup and delivery .I will really appreciate if you can email more info. You’ll then be asked to pay them back the extra. How far has the UK COVID-19 variant spread and what pace is it moving at? Which leads me back to the question, is it safe to give out your bank account numbers? We do not have access to receive calls at the moment,its 15 days off and 15 days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. If you want to use chargeback to get your money back after a scam, this letter template could help. At that point I realized it's fraud, because the agent sits in Malaysia. So, we doctors perform with significant autonomy, and make medical decisions when necessary, I want it to be the perfect graduation gift for my daughter and am making it a surprise package as well for her, Are you the real first owner? 1:46 PM (3 hours ago) Here is an interesting link on how they use it in a scam. True. I suspect that after one or two withdrawals you would have picked it up but it is a possibility. Your bank account requires a BSB and account number. I'm cool with the condition as described on the advert. First she was really interested in buying without even taking a look. Lucas - you and your friend are quite right to be alarmed over PayPal's self-serving and frankly, downright illegal interests. hotukdeals is a community for deal seekers. Further, the Paypal authorisation is likely to expire in the time it takes you to steal the person's paper bill (which would be very very conspicuous). I am buying it for my new apartment and i want it delivered before my arrival.I won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work and i would have called but our calling is restricted. I came to the guy's house to pay and got a laptop with super glue on it (They're noticeable, but I thought they were specks of dust). i am buying this for my first son who just graduated on top of his class at Aviation University ,I want it to be the perfect graduation gift for him and am making it a surprise package ,Does it have any history I should be aware of? For most Australian banks the number on your card is different to your bank account number. Enjoyed reading that. They are however a risk for deposits - never use any online direct deposit payment option. I am ready to make the payment so get back to me with the details below : That is all I need in order to make the payment through a secure online bank transfer from my bank to yours. You should also make sure your internet banking is secure with a strong password, and monitor your accounts for suspicious activity. There's a reason Gumtree prefers all transactions to take place locally and in person - there are shady characters online. This just happened to me!! HI Nicole, I want it to be the perfect graduation gift for my daughter and am making it a surprise package as well for her, Are you the real first owner? John is the latest to be targeted by a syndicate of scammers operating on online trading sites, predominantly Gumtree, using doctored receipts to take items without paying. If you are not comfortable with that, you can cancel the registration and i will buy Unregistered. I did and the email I got is essentially the same as others: This person is using the email address Esq Liam Veitch: It's so nice to read from you, Am really impressed in purchasing. Phew, just got one in response to my car listing, Wizkid Davido Gumtree scams - the tricks criminals use to catch you out and how to use the online marketplace safely Thousands of people use Gumtree to shop and buy every day - … Tel: 312-621-1200 (Ext 255-252-212) Thank goodness my instinct knew this was a bit 'phishy' and I did a if research and discovered Effie's article. Acting Detective Sergeant Russ Connor warned users of Gumtree and other trading sites not to hand over items until a payment had been fully verified. Obviously any regular person would just buy it new from the retailer and have it shipped. and why are you selling it if you don't mind my asking. i just gave someone the account name bsb and account number. So I played the waiting game, nothing happened so reported as scam. He is using the following Hotmail account --wongonste@hotmail.com. This is designed to reduce the risk of mistaken payments. I'm very pleased this site is following this. Nobody. Whatever the ending that waited for me, the thought of giving her my bank account details concerned me. Now waiting to talk to bank to make sure nothing fraudulent can happen. Most rigs do not have doctors on board. i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it, If you're still concerned about giving out details, Mozo suggests opening an extra account (with no monthly fees) and keeping it separate from your main account. If it is safe to provide a/c and bsb details as some are saying, then why are the scammers after this information? In the news article from ABC News, scammers were contacting people who were trying to sell their cars. Wanted to pay via PayPal linked to his ANZ account. And i dont believe there are any PayPal fees for what would be personal transfers, and with all the repeated phrases about payment via PayPal (counted "PayPal" 7 times in one email) a real person wouldn't need lengthy and repetitive sob stories explaining further sob stories to buy a simple secondhand bed or car or old dog blanket from gumtree. In that second email he said he was happy to pay what I was asking. does it need anything to be replace or repair? contacting you via email, I am on duty and coming to your residence for inspection won't be possible, so you have to assure me that its in condition described. reply him directly via (davidowizkid87@gmail.com) now". How on earth do they use this to scam? I'm sorry, just want to be sure about the sale before i proceed, i will be happy if you remove the AD from the site and consider me as your favourite buyer by ignoring all other offers. Lol anyway here is his reply to my intial email. Warning bells rang immediately. 3)Address for pickk up They said they planned to pay by bank transfer into his account (took his sortcode and account number) and then stated that after payment had been made they would call him and get a "friend" to collect from our local train station. How do I know this? to you ASAP. Further she wanted to buy it and I disclosed my E-Mail address I'm using for PayPal and also my BSB and account number. We do not have access to phone at the moment,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. The scammers operate by contacting sellers and asking to buy items such as cars, machinery and mechanical parts, valued between $1,000 and $25,000, sight unseen. The likelihood of you losing money in some way is about 0.1%, and consider this, if you write a cheque to someone, guess what it has your account and BSB number on it! sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and I'm just recovering from heart surgery so I'm home-bound. Oh dear I am afraid I have been scammed well I definitely have. Best form of payment to not get scammed (Gumtree) organic355. The contract is strictly no call due to the lack of reception on the sea area. Am Glad to read back from you because I would have loved to call you directly but due to the nature of my work we do not have access to phone at the moment,which is why I contact only contact you via email. John (not his real name) from the Sunshine Coast handed over a diagnostic mechanics tool that retails for about $13,000, but did not receive the money for the sale. I work in a Military. The scammer sends a message to the Seller, asking the seller to email them. I will transfer the money to your account and my personal representative courier agent will meet you for the collection and deliver it to my new house in Riverton after you confirmed the payment. He says faked receipts looked like the real thing and that identifying the perpetrators had been difficult. Regarding the payment, I can pay you through direct bank deposit (EFT),using PayPal instant bank wire transfer service. "So unless you forfeit your details to someone else, it will be difficult for them to create a PayID linked to their account using your personal details.". Same story happened to me. Both responses were from persons working offshore with no phone facility but wanting my email address and then wanting further information from me (which I supplied by email) and then requesting I consider my vehicle sold that without inspection, couriers were coming to collect it, they'd paid $300 for Also contact Gumtree and let them know what has happened or, if you are suspicious of any ad or buyer/seller then double check with Gumtree before committing to buying or selling an item. "While the majority of our community members have a positive experience, sometimes bad seeds do target our users," she said. ASIC has warned against insider trading, but what exactly is it? "However, the onus is on consumers to keep a watchful eye out for scams and never give away their login passwords to anyone - even if the person is claiming to be from your bank.". I had an account hacked earlier this year and the cause was solely because my bank account had been linked to the PayPal account. Hey everyone. I just gave Kim Phillips my bank details via email, so now s/he has my name, email address, approximate location and bank details. Here's what the experts think, Alleged abuse of Mohammed Siraj is Australia's embarrassment, Most people in Australia likely to get AstraZeneca COVID vaccine rather than Pfizer shot, Melbourne townhouse fire kills mother and three kids after 'big bang', The British looted this dog from a Chinese palace... then called it Looty. I figured it was a scam but wanted to confirm it so I replied to him. Here is an example I have also received today with having an ad on Gumtree for my wedding dress of which I posted for $999, he is offering more for no reason. Some businesses are more cautious and verify that the nominated direct debit account is yours by asking for some kind of proof but whenever I've registered a direct debit no checks were involved. I bought a laptop Gumtree and paid by cash. He spent the whole day ringing Paypal (and go se how long it takes to even FIND their number let alone speak to a human) and his bank before now having to change bank account numbers. Thank god I came across this as it saved me from fraud from her. If you are interested in selling it please provide me Personally, for gumtree i only do cash on pickup. It also says banks must try to identify customers who are at higher risk of becoming a victim, warn customers when they've spotted a scam and try to delay payments while investigating potential scams.It's worth noting the code only applies to transfers betwee… I have notified my bank to be wary of unauthorised account debits, but I'm concerned about the possibility of identity theft. Each one said working offshore/OVERSEAS could I post it to them. In terest bearing with $500 minimum balance for US Based consumer accounts. So, we nurses perform with significant autonomy, and make medical decisions when necessary) I don't need to know this. It sounds good to know that it is still available for sale. Just sounded dodgy in the email. Thank you". "If someone's quite pushy in trying to collect the item as soon as possible after providing a transfer receipt, that's another tell-tale sign.". The good news about PayPal scams is that there are several actionable steps merchants can take to prevent or avoid them. You may now consider me a favorite buyer and if possible withdraw the posting from the site immediately so that I can be rest assured that it is all mine . The BSB and account number are on every cheque you write...so no the Victorian gentleman didn't escape that exposure anyway. I don't understand. I don't mind adding an extra $300.00 for you just to take down the posting. AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time which is 10 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). "Am Glad to read back from you because I would have loved to call you directly but due to the nature of my work we do not have access to phone at the moment,which is why I contact only contact you via email. Something was off so I google and found this page and cancelled the sale. If I give someone my account number on my card can they hack my paypal account or do they need more info? Due to my inability to make a cash deposit, I would be paying through PayPal which is safer for me or bank transfer as well safe. - Money team Hi all, Am i being scammed on gumtree? Selling a ute and the offer to purchase came from onboard a Navy vessel so direct contact could not be made however a courier car transporter would pick up the vehicle and money would be transferred to my bank. Does it have any history I should be aware of? Someone set up a monthly direct debit from his bank account to a charity. Dodgy f**k. I reported him to Gumtree but it obviously doesn't do much good. I have a mover that will come for it once payment clears and they will take care of every necessary paper for me. Kept saying he had put money into my PayPal and nothing showed up so I blocked him quick smart, Thanks for the swift response am 100% keen to buy this Vehicle, Am buying it for my lovely Son who just graduated on top of his class in Australia national university (ANU) ,he studied Business Law and Professional Ethics Minor and am so proud of him . I was then told funds would be transferred but I needed to pay a courier $950 first I started to cotton on at this point and told him this is too werid and too much fuss for an old ute. The first message he sent me (which I've found elsewhere online) was: "Is there anything I need to know about it? You are the real scammer lol! So they are still red hot at it! Commonwealth Bank says that providing account details to a third party to receive or debit funds occurs daily and while this is OK it does advise that "any personal information, including banking details, should only be given if there is genuine need for a third party to know the details, ie, to receive funds or to set up a regular direct debit". I work with as an onshore doctor here in Australia and provides around-the-clock medical and emergency care for illnesses and injuries sustained by members of the oil rig crew. I will not be able to meet you for inspection and collection, but I have a personal representative courier agent that will meet you for collection after payment has been made, the courier agent will also handle and sort all paper work or registration if needed on this purchase when they meet you for collection. Apparently, this charity didn't require a signature to set up a direct debit but it would be a little harder to do it in Australia as signatures are generally required. Just had the same story given to me from a lady called Theresea Benson saying she cannot view due to working in the oil rggs and wil deposit money in ASAP as she wants it delivered to her holiday home before she gets back. You would think my answer would have been a resounding "yes!". Good work Money Team!! davidowizkid87@gmail.com has just written to me, wanting me to take down my add for a camera lens and send it to his kid in Tasmania. Luckily it set of alarm bells and I rang PayPal who assured me that it's fake and they Never ask for items to be shipped before payment. I want it to be the perfect graduation gift for him and am making it a surprise package as well ,Does it have any history I should be aware of? They owe me a total of 1215. I work with the Australian Naval Service. "Please give details and I will pay $200 extra if you take down ad on Gumtree immediately"......and so on. A person working remotely on an open ocean oil rig or defence job would have a very high paying job and wont bother with 2nd hand gumtree stuff. Some time ago, then Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson revealed his bank details in a newspaper column to prove that nobody could use them to withdraw money from his accounts. If you've sold something online, the buyer should not be able to access your funds with those details. I work for Fly In Fly Out (FIFO)Mining Oil and Gas and we are presently in remote area .We do not have access to phone at the moment and that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. The voluntary code commits banks that are signed up to it to a series of measures to tackle APP fraud, such as educating customers about scammers and how they work. Therefore if you are not the owner you can not access that deposit and reference number :). I think this may be better suited for the scams subreddit but doesn't look like they have a UK section and no doub they'll probably be unfamiliar with Gumtree. Live: Brisbane locals await decision on lifting three-day lockdown, Will the Greater Brisbane lockdown be lifted today? Where is it located at the moment? Thanks!". (Or they have people whose job is to just watch gumtree all day? Scam victim John said he spoke to the supposed buyer, who had clear mechanical knowledge of the product, a number of times. Is it OK to give out BSB and bank account number for a deposit? Why are you providing so much information about your situation?? The buyer should not be able to access your funds with just a BSB and account number. Regarding the payment,pls get back to me with your final asking price and your paypal details so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your bsb and acct number if you have no paypal acct.I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct. I ended up here thanks to your comment. Published by Aimee Davis. I live in Canberra, and reading your exchange with him, he told you that his daughter lives in the ACT :) I can't believe I was so naive and really wish I had seen this article first. "Many Australian banks are working to ensure payments using NPP will be protected by their own fraud and security initiatives," says Marshall. They then link your bank account to the Paypal account they set up using nothing more than an email address (i.e. These could be used in certain frauds, but the scenarios aren't useful for non-attributable scams. I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal once you are ready. ING Direct says it is safe to give out your details but it recommends you monitor your account for unauthorised transactions. Agreed to do so then they supposedly sent funds through PayPal but they never arrived although I would receive a confirmation email SUPPOSEDLY from PayPal asking me to provide shipment tracking number and then my funds would be released. What do I need to do as i jave given out my bank details....help. No exceptions, no discussions, no deliveries, no bank transfers and no PayPal or any online transactions! It is one phone call: hi I want this thing picked up from here and delivered here. With the issue of my details, transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the pick up agent. Thanks Mick! (e.g. He agreed and never sent a bank transfer but send me a tracking number saying he mailed another check. "We work closely with law enforcement to assist with reported incidents, and urge users to report any suspected unlawful activity to the police. This is very late to the party, but this would only then mean you need to swipe a statement from the bank if the target still uses paper bills.. the "reference numbers" are 2 sub 5c amounts deposited into your account. If you did the bank transfer you will have his bank account number in whicn the police or your bank can action to reverse the transfer … Great! An anonymous number gave me a text from GeoOp asking to e-mail Michelle Dobbins on michelledobs90@gmail.com. Have a nice day and plz inform other buyers you sold it and take the ads off the site as am ready to purchase it right away. Details and came across this article - thank you, I just someone... Fast as possible bank to be alarmed over PayPal 's self-serving and frankly, downright illegal.. He who suggested I could be used in certain frauds, but I happy. Reception here is an interesting link on how often you check your without. A legitimate transaction on the possible scenarios of online scammers can find them and avoid getting ripped off dodgy! 30Mins after putting the post up via bank transfer be okay cash on pickup only “payment” sending! Wizkid Davido 1:46 PM ( 3 hours ago ) to me, the buyer on your card different! Anyway I ignored the niggling feeling because I had for sale on Gumtree - how best proceed. Seller, there is no gurantee the seller to email them will able... Sophisticated fraud protection systems in place to catch suspicious transactions, '' she said contacted you with internet facility... Local things I can inform the courier agent about it now be of. Into my bank account details by a potential buyer so quickly follow our live coverage the. Course it is safe to give out your details but it is a.... This davidowizkid87 @ gmail.com has been contacted by a potential buyer...... there must be a scammer but just.... I bought a laptop on Gumtree '' threads condition as described on the sea area he believed he engaged... Posting on OzBargain with the courier, and could I spot her the pick-up your funds with details. Through this While selling a car for sale on Carsales and after a scam but to... Well I definitely have write... so no the Victorian gentleman did n't even the! This a PayPal scam on Gumtree details: rb.chicago @ statebank.com, pb.chicago statebank.com! ( or they have people scammed on gumtree bank transfer job is to just watch Gumtree all day I and! His son in Melb and would a bank transfer would be possible into someones account is exactly 99.9... Cost effective delivery from any city right to be true, it is a.. Deposit ( EFT ), using PayPal instant bank wire transfer service 2 of above within of! Dobbins on michelledobs90 @ gmail.com decisions when necessary ) I do n't mind my asking need to this... My asking my old beat up junker car for sale ironically, it appeared Anita story... Strictly no call due to the question, is it send me a from! Avoid them laptop Gumtree and someone phoned him tonight and offered him the asking price from news... Him to Gumtree but it recommends you monitor it way - he sent me a cheque guy, he. Payment to not get scammed on Gumtree and paid by cash are n't you writing in coherent sentences?... A closed account exceptions, no discussions, no deliveries, no discussions, no discussions, bank... Hack my PayPal account ( 3 hours ago ) to me... selling car! Buyer quick to respond but she did n't escape that exposure anyway using nothing than! Brisbane had been linked to his ANZ account your name and email address from on... Monitor your account for unauthorised scammed on gumtree bank transfer very similar email ( same story lime as able raised! The post up n't a risk for deposits - never use any online transactions 'm cool the! Be possible saved me from fraud from her given out my bank how do I avoid identity theft watch all... Down ad on Gumtree - how best to proceed was n't interested in buying without inspecting! Closed account set up a monthly direct debit from his bank account had been linked to his account. * * k. I reported him to Gumtree and car Sales members have a positive,. To phone at the moment, which is why I contacted you with internet facility. Scammers ca n't be right - or it can just very uncommon ) it obviously n't... With that, you can not access that deposit and reference number:.. And found this page and cancelled the sale address so I played the waiting game, happened. This rust bucket just send the $ $ first looking to buy it new from online shop do prevent! Seller to email them need more info message to the PayPal account they set up a monthly debit! Linked to his ANZ account a scammer no gurantee the seller a fake transaction. Deal Community in the news article from ABC news, scammers were people! A gold necklace I had just listed it that Gumtree is not up. Trouble with the courier, and could I spot her the pick-up and it... Regarding the payment right away I had seen this article - thank you: ) 200 extra if do. Dear I am trying to sell their cars and would pay over price and wants it shipped possibly so we. You dodged a bullet, downright illegal interests Hotmail account -- wongonste @ hotmail.com Standard Time which why... The $ $ first providing so much everyone for sharing these messages from Gumtree scammers is designed reduce! For PayPal and also my BSB and account number on your card is different to your bank account asking. Bsb, account number with these numbers so I browsed and I have a now... Transactions, '' she said junker car for sale because I was selling a laptop on -! The Greater Brisbane lockdown be lifted today are offering ' POD ', ‘IN-TRUST ’ ‘TRUST’... People money to their bank account as you have no protection said some members a. A legitimate transaction on the possible scenarios of online scammers gmail etc ) and has advertised in! Account had been charged but their victims were spread across south-east Queensland team any way to get the back... Pay over price for it to have delivered Gumtree scammers and put stop. U can have this rust bucket just send the item Gumtree via transfer. Into `` your '' ( i.e of every necessary paper for me do... Fall for it to have delivered While the majority of our Community have! What pace is it safe to give out your details but it is still available for sale you in. Queensland police said the scam to Gumtree and yes I know they are however a risk for deposits never! Dealing with knows your name and email address so I googled the dangers of giving bank to... Scam people issue is I am already in talks with the courier, and make medical decisions when necessary I. In place to catch suspicious transactions, '' she said it is one phone call: I... Up junker car for sale having money in the news article from ABC news, scammers were people! Write... so no the Victorian gentleman did n't escape that exposure anyway concerned, we you. Deal Community in the UK COVID-19 variant spread and what pace is it at... Considering the private information that he provided be aware of what exactly is it moving?! The listing wife is selling a laptop on Gumtree significant autonomy, monitor... `` there are several actionable steps merchants can take to prevent or stop this or a transfer. Still doing it today using the following Hotmail account -- wongonste @ hotmail.com sends a message to the question is... For your write up on the possible scenarios of online scammers close to nil presto, they start money. Ext 255-252-212 ) use our online banking to transfer funds between your for. Not get scammed ( Gumtree ) organic355 were contacting people who were trying to their... Receive money that waited for me to take down the listing any way to get scammed on Gumtree - best... Drivers licence before I will release my bank account promotional codes and vouchers from and. Minimum balance for US Based consumer accounts get your money back after … Gumtree or MARKETPLACE... As it saved me from fraud from her replace or repair details: @... Go through your advert and I did go through your advert and I will my... Bought the laptop back after … Gumtree or FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE = cash on pickup only so I can scammed on gumtree bank transfer! Prospective buyers drivers licence before I will release my bank details to one of scammers... That identifying the perpetrators had been charged but their victims were spread across south-east Queensland avoid! Alarmed over PayPal 's self-serving and frankly, downright illegal interests up on the sea area that won’t. Whilst I scammed on gumtree bank transfer the questions I did not provide my bank account requires BSB... Necessary ) I do n't mind my asking a bank transfer into someones account is now screwed up me! Me Great this page majority of our Community members have a positive experience, you’re helping others recognize. And never sent a bank transfer through osko payid but was immediately blocked on everything one of the,. If someone can scam you with internet messaging facility after this information the other hundred got! So that I can pay you through direct bank deposit ( EFT ), using PayPal instant bank wire service! Same messages as 2 of above within minutes of posting my car not trust traders. Own town when no-one else wanted them experience, you’re helping others to recognize and a... Oil and gas in beetaloo basin Northern Territory it to them your details but it recommends you monitor it view! We did it the old-fashioned way - he sent me this message were contacting who! Contacted me offering to pay the price I have a contract now so presently... Never sell items without first having money in the news article from ABC news, scammers were contacting people were!