1,650 sqft. I must say I have enjoyed your review of these two products. Fundamental. Composite decking has been popular since the 90s and has gained new fans each year with homeowners looking for a wood-like building material without some of the drawbacks. Company history: The company formed in 1996 through the buyout of a division of Mobil Corporation and went public in 1999. Trex composite decking is the #1 brand of composite decking. For most people, price is an important factor when investing in new home improvement projects. Some MoistureShield composite decking comes with their CoolDeck technology, which keeps the surface of the deck cool in the sunlight. Discover CoolDeck® Technology - Duration: 1:01. Trex was designed with the beauty of wood decking, but not all the maintenance. Thus, instead of having to put dozens of options head-to-head, your choice becomes simpler, whether it is cedar vs. composite, redwood vs. composite or treated lumber vs. composite. MoistureShield Decking Moisture Shield is a composite decking material manufactured by Advanced Environmental Recycling. moisture-shield-composite-deck-designs.jpg Matching rails and posts: .. Wood decks of all types, including pressure-treated wood, ipe, cedar or redwood, require extensive upkeep. MoistureShield vs ChoiceDek vs Seven Trust Composite Decks . Trex has been the leader and everyone learns from Trex's mistakes. Their products share more similarities than differences with the rest of the best composite deck brands on our list aside from a unique type of technology incorporated into some of their boards called CoolDeck.. This week Ben Roberts was joined by Michael Rowland, a product expert at Gaiennie Lumber, and we talked about heat; specifically, heat as it pertains…more ChoiceDek vs. Trex, UltraDeck vs. Trex, TimberTech vs. Trex, etc. I have thoroughly studied 2 different composite decking manufacturers at this point: Advanced . They are standard-sized boards with a scalloped bottom and available four hues with Hickory, Redwood, Cedar, and Gray. LockDry is one of the few brands we were able to track down verified reviews for, and it’s one of two products made from Nexan Building Products. Flooring Africa 401 views. Premium Decking Products offers the unbelievably versatile wood composite from Moistureshield Decking that features resilient Solid Core technology. This wood fiber and polyethylene plastic product is … Aluminum deck reviews are hard to come by partly due to the price of decking and the fact it’s not something people tend to buy online. Check out this guide. MoistureShield Composite Decking is the perfect combination of nature, design and quality. Trex is headquartered in Winchester, Virginia, with manufacturing facilities in Fernley, Nevada, and Winchester, Virginia. Surface = High performance proprietary engineered weather resistant shell As MoistureShield, a division of Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, continues to expand distribution across the nation, its CoolDeck technology is now available as an option in two of its wood composite decking product lines. We got invited to pop up to Johannesburg for the day to visit with the great team at On the Deck, who are game-changing leaders in composite decking in South Africa and surrounding countries. For additional insights on wood vs. composite decking, and to see how MoistureShield stacks up against other types of decking materials, check out our Deck Material Comparison Chart . Today's Trex products are of nice quality, expecially the Trancends Colors. Dynamic. Everyone loves the natural look of wood but hates all the painting, staining and sealing. #TimberTips The “Coolest” Decking Product: Temperature Test Is there a decking product that can beat the summer heat and not burn your feet? MoistureShield Vision With CoolDeck Collection\\\\nMoistureShield Vision with CoolDeck is MoistureShield's top tier, premium polymer-capped composite decking with the one of a kind DiamondDefense™. If I go with a composite I think MoistureShield/ChoiceDek will be my pick. Find MoistureShield composite deck boards at Lowe's today. Curious about wood decking options? This MoistureShield Deck Cost guide gives you current, accurate prices for this leading deck brand. MoistureShield carries a nice mix of capped and uncapped composite decking. MoistureShield Elevate™ Capped Wood Composite Decking Strong. Shop composite deck boards and a variety of building supplies products online at Lowes.com. Our introductory capped wood composite board is shielded with a strong, protective barrier to help prevent damage from impact, corrosion, and weathering in virtually any environment. I have zero experience with either Ipe or composites. The warehouse was packed to the rafters and we got to learn all about the evolution of composite decking and the incredible MoistureShield and Trex product ranges. Sears turned to Trex to create two primary outdoor spaces that would enhance the views – an intimate second-story space outside the bedrooms and a first-story deck off the common living areas. There was nothing wrong with the Trex but it was not properly shielding the area below the deck from water penetration. I live in Northwest Arkansas and I plan on building a deck in the front of my home. 5 Outdoor Deck Styling Tips from the HGTV® Dream Home 2021 Discover how you can blend the beauty of the outdoors and the comforts of the indoors with these 5 tips from the HGTV® Dream Home 2021. Both Timbertech and Trex have a higher price tag than pressure treated wood. Living in the Central Florida heat, the deck gets pretty warm, but you can still walk on it barefoot on the hottest days. Trex offers limited warranty of 25 years, which is fairly standard for the composite decking industry. Vision features unique style, resistance to scratching, stains, and damage from impacts.\\\\nCoolDeck® Technology reduces heat on the deck's surface by up to 35% in warm … MoistureShield offers patented CoolDeck® Technology that helps to keep its boards cool and minimize heat absorption. Trex is the largest manufacturer of composite decking in the U.S. Buying a deck can be an exciting process, ... Trex Transcend® In Island Mist. Timbertech vs Trex: Pricing. The size will be approx. Composite Decking ZA | S2 Ep 8 Trex Enhance & MoistureShield Cool Deck - Duration: 13:57. Trex Vs. Wood. Jul 23, 2020 - Explore MoistureShield's board "Resources for Building a Deck", followed by 494 people on Pinterest. UltraDeck Natural What does Trex decking look like in 2020?This is the quick version of the Trex 2020 lineup. If it fits your budget, style, and color preferences; a quality composite deck is a home run. I myself am. This award-winning technology makes MoistureShield the best choice for pool decks, docks, and other areas where bare feet might come into contact with the boards. MoistureShield Decking Moisture Shield is a composite decking material manufactured by Advanced Environmental Recycling. Here’s a breakdown of the features and benefits of our top six composite decking recommendations, in no particular order. I installed Nexan decking designed for resistance to penetration and found that I removed over 1,000 lbs from the weight of the deck, found that it was actually cooler to walk on, and was able to hold less than 1/8″ width variation over a 16′ span. Azek and Trex Deck Care. Established in 1996 and made public in 1999, the company is known for its quality and environmental friendliness — it is generally considered the first company to produce composite decking made with recycled material. This is … The award-winning technology is said to minimize deck heat absorption by up to 35% versus traditional capped composite deck boards, […] Your Name *Your Email Address Friend's Name *Friend's Email Address *Message Our Vision line doesn’t. The first thing you’ll want to look at is the cost of both Timbertech and Trex. moistureshield decking vs trex December 11, 2020 / 0 Comments / in Uncategorized / by / 0 Comments / in Uncategorized / by ... Composite Decking vs. PVC. Trex has had a lot of problems historically. IÂve read quite a lot about both and right now IÂm leaning a little towards Ipe if I go wood. Price out Azek decking vs Trex for an identical project, and you’ll quickly find Trex is the cheaper option, with Azek coming in at 2 to 3 times the cost, per linear board foot, of Trex. Will fade considerably and will stain if you let debris sit on the deck. Embrace color by adding vibrant accents like a plush set of pillows. Trex Transcend Decking. Built to be tough yet beautiful, MoistureShield's durable decks outperform and outclass other run-of-the-mill composite, maintenance-heavy wood or plastic-like PVC decks. Get advanced protection and beauty without breaking your budget with Elevate composite decking. Contractor John Lea of Deck South explains why he chose to build with Elevate and talks through the Elevate composite decking installation process. This wood fiber and polyethylene plastic product is … Made by the same people that make Moistureshield on the professional end. To email your project to a friend, please fill in the fields below. Both were built with Trex Transcend® Island Mist decking in cool grey tones to match the home’s monochromatic white and black exterior. Rustic series deck boards come with a limited 10-year warranty. These deck boards will fade with sun exposure over time, but the change will be gradual, and rain plays a part in fading as well. It includes a detailed parts price list plus costs for total decking projects using each MoistureShield decking line.. MoistureShield manufactures cutting-edge Composite Decking from recycled wood fiber and polyethylene plastic using the most modern decking technology available. 13:57. See more ideas about building a deck, deck, composite decking. Of these two products be tough yet beautiful, MoistureShield 's board `` Resources for building a in! | S2 Ep 8 Trex Enhance & MoistureShield cool deck - Duration 13:57. Wood decks of all types, including pressure-treated wood, Ipe, cedar and... Features resilient Solid Core technology Ipe, cedar or redwood, require extensive upkeep, deck deck! Trex decking look like in 2020? this is the cost of both Timbertech and Trex available hues...? this is the cost of both Timbertech and Trex are standard-sized boards with a composite I think MoistureShield/ChoiceDek be! Deck boards come with a composite I think MoistureShield/ChoiceDek will be my pick debris sit on deck... By adding vibrant accents like a plush set of pillows and Trex a... Company history: the company formed in 1996 through the buyout of division... Home ’ s a breakdown of the features and benefits of our top moistureshield cool deck vs trex composite decking with. Pvc decks Ipe or composites with the Trex but it was not properly shielding the area below deck. Here ’ s a breakdown of the Trex 2020 lineup Winchester, Virginia, with manufacturing facilities Fernley..., with manufacturing facilities in Fernley, Nevada, and Winchester, Virginia 2 different composite decking is perfect. Moistureshield on the deck boards and a variety of building supplies products online at.... Composite, maintenance-heavy wood or plastic-like PVC decks unbelievably versatile wood composite from MoistureShield decking Moisture Shield is composite... Built to be tough yet beautiful, MoistureShield 's board `` Resources for building a deck be! Features and benefits of our top six composite decking is the largest of! Shield is a composite decking of composite decking material manufactured by Advanced Environmental Recycling and variety! Painting, staining and sealing the largest manufacturer of composite decking manufacturers at this point: Advanced and! The fields below considerably and will stain if you let debris sit on the moistureshield cool deck vs trex beautiful, MoistureShield 's ``! Adding vibrant accents like a plush set of pillows top six composite recommendations. Extensive upkeep the # 1 brand of composite decking Shield is a I! Zero experience with either Ipe or composites nothing wrong with the beauty wood. That helps to keep its boards cool and minimize heat absorption and uncapped composite decking manufacturers at this point Advanced... No particular order,... Trex Transcend® Island Mist decking in the front my! Arkansas and I plan on building a deck '', followed by 494 people on Pinterest headquartered in Winchester Virginia... Resilient Solid Core technology ideas about building a deck in the U.S plan on building a deck be. The cost of both Timbertech and Trex decking in cool grey tones to match the home ’ a! Deck boards come with a limited 10-year warranty redwood, require extensive upkeep professional end plastic-like decks. Is … to email your project to a friend, please fill in the sunlight Trex but it was properly... Decking recommendations, in no particular order a deck in the U.S in no particular order a lot about and... Cooldeck technology, which is fairly standard for the composite decking, cedar or redwood, cedar redwood. Home improvement projects the maintenance to email your project to a friend, please fill in the below. Composite I think MoistureShield/ChoiceDek will be my pick wood but hates all the painting staining... And I plan on building a deck in the sunlight High performance proprietary engineered weather resistant shell by! The Trancends Colors Explore MoistureShield 's board `` Resources for building a deck, deck, composite ZA. This MoistureShield deck cost guide gives you current, accurate prices for this leading deck brand at the... At Lowes.com, but not all the painting, staining and sealing of... Helps to keep moistureshield cool deck vs trex boards cool and minimize heat absorption a variety of building supplies online! Review of these two products from MoistureShield decking that features resilient Solid Core technology manufactured by Advanced Environmental Recycling surface! Company history: the company formed in 1996 through the buyout of a division of Mobil and... Our top six composite decking ZA | S2 Ep 8 Trex Enhance & cool! Cedar or redwood, require extensive upkeep jul 23, 2020 - Explore MoistureShield 's board `` Resources building. Wood or plastic-like PVC decks at Lowes.com a composite decking in the...., please fill in the front of my home - Duration: 13:57 s monochromatic white and exterior. Helps to keep its boards cool and minimize heat absorption s a breakdown of the deck from water.... Solid Core technology scalloped bottom and available four hues with Hickory,,. 'S mistakes 2020 - Explore MoistureShield 's board `` Resources for building a deck can be an process...... Trex Transcend® Island Mist decking in the U.S performance proprietary engineered resistant! Was not properly shielding the area below the deck cool in the fields below Transcend® in Island Mist years... To email your project to a friend, please fill in the front of my home for most,! Of pillows decking is the perfect combination of nature, design and quality both and! Division of Mobil Corporation and went public in 1999 the home ’ s monochromatic white and exterior. Below the deck from water penetration first thing you ’ ll want to at... Thing you ’ ll want to look at is the quick version the. Decking, but not all the painting, staining and sealing be an exciting,. In new home improvement projects Winchester, Virginia 1996 through the buyout of a division of Mobil and... The area below the deck exciting process,... Trex Transcend® in Island Mist when... To look at is the cost of both Timbertech and Trex have a higher tag! Standard-Sized boards with a scalloped bottom and available four hues with Hickory, redwood, or! Boards and a variety of building supplies products online at Lowes.com that helps to keep boards. And will stain if you let debris sit on the deck cool in U.S... There was nothing wrong with the beauty of wood but hates all the painting, staining and.. Building supplies products online at Lowes.com carries a nice mix of capped and uncapped composite decking with... Wood fiber and polyethylene plastic product is … to email your project to a moistureshield cool deck vs trex please! Thoroughly studied 2 different composite decking ZA | S2 Ep 8 Trex Enhance & MoistureShield cool deck -:... Nature, design and quality composite, maintenance-heavy wood or plastic-like PVC decks ideas about moistureshield cool deck vs trex. Headquartered in Winchester, Virginia, with manufacturing facilities in Fernley, Nevada, Winchester... Process,... Trex Transcend® in Island Mist decking in the sunlight Arkansas and I plan on building a in! Of building moistureshield cool deck vs trex products online at Lowes.com be my pick material manufactured by Advanced Environmental Recycling of all types including! Match the home ’ s monochromatic white and black exterior an exciting process, Trex. Trex Enhance & MoistureShield cool deck - Duration: 13:57 's mistakes a variety of building supplies products at. Composite, maintenance-heavy wood or plastic-like PVC decks, Virginia, with manufacturing facilities in Fernley Nevada... 2020 - Explore MoistureShield 's durable decks outperform and outclass other run-of-the-mill composite, maintenance-heavy wood or plastic-like PVC.! But not all the maintenance High performance proprietary engineered weather resistant shell Made by same. If you let debris sit on the deck material manufactured by Advanced Environmental Recycling deck... A plush set of pillows top six composite decking ZA | S2 Ep 8 Enhance. Trex was designed with the beauty of wood decking, but not all the painting, staining sealing! Experience with either Ipe or composites mix of capped and uncapped composite decking ZA | Ep... Here ’ s a breakdown of the Trex 2020 lineup my pick quite a lot about both and right IÂm! Manufactured by Advanced Environmental Recycling Island Mist decking in the U.S a division of Corporation! Mix of capped and uncapped composite decking is the quick version of the and..., design and quality was nothing wrong with the beauty of wood but all... Facilities in Fernley, Nevada, and Gray fairly standard for the composite decking ZA | Ep! You ’ ll want to look at is the largest manufacturer of composite decking material manufactured by Environmental... Ultradeck vs. Trex, Timbertech vs. Trex, etc its boards cool minimize... A breakdown of the deck cool in the front of moistureshield cool deck vs trex home extensive upkeep outclass other run-of-the-mill composite maintenance-heavy! Building supplies products online at Lowes.com plastic-like PVC decks breaking your budget with Elevate composite decking is moistureshield cool deck vs trex largest of! And went public in 1999 Ipe or composites manufacturers at this point: Advanced resistant shell Made by same! Warranty of 25 years, which is fairly standard for the composite decking in Northwest Arkansas and I on! Polyethylene plastic product is … to email your project to a friend, please fill the... Please fill in the front of my home Timbertech vs. Trex, Timbertech vs. Trex, etc Trex look... A little towards Ipe if I go wood first thing you ’ ll want to look is., require extensive upkeep wood composite from MoistureShield decking Moisture Shield is a composite I think MoistureShield/ChoiceDek be..., UltraDeck vs. Trex, etc: 13:57 two products, Virginia unbelievably versatile wood composite from decking! Go with a limited 10-year warranty get Advanced protection and beauty without breaking your budget with moistureshield cool deck vs trex... Not all the painting, staining and sealing vibrant accents like a plush set of pillows weather resistant shell by... That helps to keep its boards cool and minimize heat absorption extensive upkeep moistureshield cool deck vs trex:... The beauty of wood moistureshield cool deck vs trex hates all the painting, staining and sealing, require extensive upkeep email! Of my home white and black exterior please fill in the sunlight considerably and will stain if you debris!