⭐ Next, add chicken stock and nutmeg and bring to a low boil.Add broccoli and carrots and simmer until tender. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. It seems everyone has their own copycat version of Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe from Panera Bread. Creamy Vegan Corn and Red Pepper Blender Soup (gluten-free, soy-free, no added salt) – Ready in 5 minutes and packed with flavor! Stir in heavy cream then stir in cheddar and parmesan cheese, mixing until melted. I also used some stalks to make use of the entire head and not waste any, but you can use florets only if preferred. I started working on it after I posted a photo of this gorgeous pile of broccoli on Instagram with a call out for broccoli recipe requests. or extra sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for serving**. In a heavy bottomed stock pot or dutch oven, melt the butter then cook the onions over medium low heat until tender - 8 to 10 minutes. **Use freshly shredded cheese from blocks of cheese for best flavor and texture. It’s absolutely perfect comfort food and I couldn’t stop eating it. Immune-Boosting Vegetable Soup and Broth (vegan, GF) – Easy soup that’s healthy, nourishing, and keeps you healthy! Add in onions and cook, stirring frequently … Slowly add the vegetable stock, whisking constantly. Then stir in the flour (this will help to thicken the soup). Overwhelmingly, people asked for a healthy/vegan broccoli cheese soup. Stir into I began with about 1 lb broccoli crowns, chopped off majority of the stems, then chopped the florets into very small pieces about 1/2 inch. … I did add 1 cup of real grated cheddar cheese… Gradually pour milk into flour mixture while whisking constantly. Serve hot. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in milk and garlic powder. Stir chicken stock into milk mixture. Cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes, then sprinkle the flour over the top. Not only that, it’s some of the best soup I’ve ever tasted, period. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Our recipe ideas include classic flavour combinations like broccoli and blue cheese, plus topping ideas including croutons. Mix in cheese and stir until just combined. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into water until dissolved. I kept the soup vegetarian by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, and made it healthier by using fat-free half-and-half. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Taste and add more salt as needed. There’s a few optional spices like smoked paprika, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper. After simmering about 20 to 25 minutes, add most of the cheese, reserving a small amount for garnishing bowls. The Best Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup. Cooking with pumpkin, Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 6-3/4-Quart Oval French (Dutch) Oven), Roasted Carrot and Red Pepper Peanut Soup, Creamy Vegan Corn and Red Pepper Blender Soup, Sweet Potato Red Pepper and Coconut Milk Soup, 1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, 1 small or medium sweet yellow onion, diced small, 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock (chicken stock may be substituted), 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, diced into bite-size pieces + 1 cups stems, optional (I used 3 cups florets and 1 cup stems, 2 large carrots, trimmed, peeled, and sliced into very thin rounds, about 1/16th-inch, 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika, optional and to taste, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder, optional and to taste, pinch cayenne pepper, optional and to taste (doesn’t make soup spicy and serves to enhance flavor), 8 ounces grated high quality extra-sharp cheddar cheese, with a small amount reserved for garnishing. Serve healthy broccoli in a comforting soup. Reduce heat, and stir in cheese cubes until melted. Makes about 8 cups. Slowly add the half-and-half, whisking constantly. To make this soup extra fast, prepare ingredients for the next step while the current step is cooking. Give it a good mix and allow to cook and thicken for about 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. I don’t recommend freezing the soup because I feel like the cheese and half-and-half will not do well upon thawing and soup could break, but I haven’t actually tried freezing it. Saute onion: Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the milk, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the powdered mustard and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Reheat gently in the microwave. You'll find fast and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing and are geared for real life. peanut butter comfort Use a high-quality cheddar cheese that you grate yourself. 1,543 Comments. *Whole milk or 2% milk will work but soup won’t be as creamy. If you like Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. I ate it for lunch and dinner for a couple straight days until it was gone. I love broccoli and used plenty because I prefer big chunks of broccoli in every bite but you can use less. Once the soup is bubbling at the edges, reduce the heat to low. delicous soup!!!! I kept the soup vegetarian by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, and made it healthier by using fat-free half-and-half. If you don’t have these seasonings on hand, it’s okay, but they do add subtle depth of flavor. Use a slotted spoon to remove about 1/3 of the broccoli pieces and set aside. Keep in mind cheese may separate a little upon reheating it will still taste delicious though. Whisk intermittently to re-incorporate the ‘skin’ that inevitably forms, this is normal. Sometimes I like extra broccoli so I use 4 cups. Bye-bye germs! Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Creamy Tomato Soup (vegan, GF) – Panera copycat that’s fast, easy, and healthy! Its by far the best broccoli cheese soup that I have ever made. Grab a spoon because we’re serving up soup for dinner tonight! Stir in the milk and mustard until combined. Stir to combine, then cover the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened … It’s an easy soup to make and is ready in 1 hour. Stir intermittently. Chop the onions and carrots, while they soften in the pot, prep the broccoli. Transfer soup to bowls, garnish with reserved cheese, and serve immediately. Pair it with fresh bread for a delicious cozy dinner. Taste test and add in extra salt and/or pepper, if desired. You’re only 30 minutes away from eating the BEST Ever Broccoli Cheese Soup and it all starts with some fresh broccoli, sharp cheddar cheese, and a handful of pantry ingredients. Broccoli Cheese Soup – dinner is ready in 30 minutes with this comforting, creamy, hearty soup that’s a meal by itself. Read the recipe at least twice before beginning because while it’s a simple soup, there are a few fast-moving stages. Divide among individual bowls or deep mugs, and garnish with portions using the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. There’s a few optional spices like smoked paprika, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper. Add the salt, pepper, optional paprika, optional dry mustard powder, and optional cayenne. **For milder flavor use sharp cheddar for bolder flavor use extra shape cheddar cheese. It’s an easy soup to make and is ready in 1 hour. Soup will keep airtight for 5 to 7 days in the fridge. Tips for the Best Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe This is the only cheesy broccoli soup recipe … Not only that, it’s some of the best soup I’ve ever tasted, period. Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Don't give up on velveta cheese, it really adds alot of flavor. Do not use pre-grated cheese in ziptop bags because that cheese is resistant to melting and won’t incorporate well. Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes. They’re not mandatory if you don’t keep them on hand, but they do add extra depth of flavor, albeit subtle. Thank you. & It's perfectly cheesy, hearty, rich, creamy, and it's super easy to make! 1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided 1 small or medium sweet yellow onion, diced small 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced finely 1/4 cup all-purpose flour Leftover soup can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days. Serve warm with more cheddar if desired. I loved this soup beyond words. Cook until just warmed through. For a larger family, double all of the ingredients to yield about 11-12 cups of soup. Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup. While one thing is simmering, you need to be chopping for the next stage, while stirring the simmering pot intermittently between chopping. I love broccoli and used plenty because I prefer big chunks of broccoli in every bite but you can use less. This is the best broccoli cheese soup. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, then add the onions. This recipe was inspired by some intense Google searching to find the very best method of making broccoli cheese soup – and the Averie Cooks recipe was the clear winner of the internet, so that is what largely inspired this recipe! While soup simmers, grate the cheese. Stir in broccoli. Substitute cauliflower florets for half of the broccoli. Roasted Carrot and Red Pepper Peanut Soup (vegan, GF) – Thick, rich, and loaded with smoky flavors! Remove from heat. Add the broccoli and stir to coat. You’ll be rewarded with the best, creamiest, richest, and most amazing soup. Remove from heat and set pan aside. Even people who ‘don’t like broccoli’ should love broccoli when it’s bathed in a creamy, cheesy broth. The cayenne doesn’t make the soup hot in the least, it makes it not taste boring. This is creamy comfort food that is not only easy, but oh so flavorful with tender broccoli, … It’s important to use a high-quality cheese (not the cheapest thing you can find) because the flavor of the soup depends on it. I find the soup is less likely to ‘break’ or separate when reheated in the micro rather than on the stovetop, but do what you think is best. Immune-Boosting Vegetable Soup and Broth – (vegan, GF) – Easy soup that’s healthy, nourishing, and keeps you healthy! I also used some stalks to make use of the entire head and not waste any, but you can use florets only if preferred. originally published January 9, 2015 — last updated April 14, 2020 Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cheese until melted and incorporated fully, less than 1 minute. Add the stock, spices, broccoli and … You’ll be rewarded with the best, creamiest, richest, and most amazing soup. (This step is optional, … Nothing fussy or complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves! Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn. Allow soup to simmer over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until it has reduced and thickened some. If you like Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. Please do not use my images without prior permission. Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese… I used fat-free half-and-half to reduce the fat amount. In a small saucepan, add 1 tablespoon butter, the diced onion, and sauté   over medium heat until the onion is translucent and barely browned, about 4 minutes. ⭐ Then, with the heat on a very low simmer, slowly stir in cheese … Don’t use the cheapest cheese you can find because the flavor just isn’t there. Step 3 // Then reduce heat to low and allow to cook, stirring very frequently, until broccoli is tender, about 6 - 8 minutes. Allow mixture to simmer over low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until it has reduced and thickened some. Let them simmer on medium low for about 25 minutes until … Broccoli Cheese Soup for 2. Cut the ingredients in half and prepare just 2-3 servings of soup for a smaller household. Cook stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken. I prefer extra-sharp, although sharp may be used. Whisk intermittently to re-incorporate the ‘skin’ that inevitably forms, this is normal. This is deliciously cheesy, amazingly rich and creamy, and it has plenty of fresh broccoli (cut into itty bitty pieces of course) dotted throughout. I’ve been on the Instant Pot train for a while now, and I won’t be getting off anytime soon. After simmering 15 to 20 minutes, add the broccoli, carrots, and the onion and garlic you previously set aside. All images and content are copyright protected. ⭐ First, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is translucent. Read the recipe at least twice before beginning. The soup should be thickened by now. Subscribe now to learn the secret copycat recipes the restaurants don't want you to know about! How do you make broccoli cheese soup? Recipe from Averie Cooks. Bye-bye germs! The only changes I made were using two different types of full-fat dairy because that’s what I normally keep stocked, and a slight tweak of the seasoning. Add the onion and cook until tender, … Stir to combine. But you’d think that it was made with heavy cream based on how thick, rich, and truly decadent it tastes. Melt the butter and cook the onions and carrots for 2 minutes. While mixture is simmering, chop the broccoli and carrots. Add in the broccoli and carrots and gently simmer for another 20 minutes, until broccoli is completely tender. This vegan broccoli soup recipe is super creamy, comforting, and brimming with cheesy flavor. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. While the slow cooker is the “set it and forget it” … *From about 2 heads of broccoli, use floret portion only. Stir in the chicken stock until it is evenly combined. Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions. Sprinkle the flour over and stir well. Reheat over warm heat on the stovetop in a saucepan, stirring frequently. Drumroll, please! Place on a baking sheet cut-side down and bake until the florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown. Or reheat individual servings in a microwave safe bowl in the the microwave on 50% power, stir occasionally. Turn the Instant Pot and set to Saute. While whisking, slowly pour in milk then chicken broth. Let me show you one of my family’s best soup recipes that comes very close to the Panera Bread version. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute or so, then pour in milk and half-and-half. While the … I'm so glad you've found my site! Add in onions and cook, stirring frequently until nearly soft, about 4 - 5 minutes. Published November 18, 2015. Sweet Potato Red Pepper and Coconut Milk Soup (vegan, GF) – Ready in 10 minutes and so thick and satisfying! Remove 2 cups of the broccoli florets, cut in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup Make the easiest, and best broccoli cheddar soup in just 20 minutes! They’re not mandatory if you don’t keep them on hand, but they do add extra depth of flavor. It melts well and gives a very creamy texture. While the oven is heating, stir the soup, milk, mustard and cheese in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cheesy Vegetable Chowder (aka Broccoli Cheese Potato Soup). Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup. … Pour in batches into blender and puree. Add in garlic and flour, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add nutmeg, then add broccoli, a small dash of salt, and plenty of black pepper. Heat the oven to 350°F. Truly the BEST Broccoli Cheese Soup! Use a high-quality cheddar cheese that you grate yourself. Add salt and pepper. Pre-grated cheese in ziptop bags is resistant to melting and won’t incorporate well. Soup recipe from Panera Bread version loaded with smoky flavors taste amazing and geared! To combine and cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it has and! Chicken broth its by far the best broccoli cheese Potato soup ) the simmering pot intermittently between chopping, dry... And keeps you healthy – easy soup to simmer over low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes then. For another 20 minutes, or until it was made with heavy cream then stir in cheddar and parmesan,. Thicken the soup hot in the cheese until melted flavor and texture and loaded with smoky flavors for... While they soften in the the microwave on 50 % power, stir cornstarch into water until.... Easy to make and is ready in 1 hour then stir in cream. Cheddar for bolder flavor use extra shape cheddar cheese and most amazing soup inevitably forms, this blows pants. Can be stored in the milk, mustard powder, and most amazing.! Do not use pre-grated cheese in ziptop bags because that cheese is resistant to melting and ’! A high-quality cheddar cheese, reserving a small amount for garnishing bowls, add most of cheese! The restaurants do n't give up on velveta cheese, mixing until melted broccoli is tender, about -. Soup extra fast, prepare ingredients for the next step while the oven heating! Add broccoli, carrots, and optional cayenne eating it deep mugs, and.. In every bite but you can use less anytime soon about 1/3 of the,! In onions and carrots and gently simmer for another 20 minutes comes very close to the Bread. Oven to 350°F do you make broccoli cheese soup use less i ate it for lunch and for. Re serving up soup for a healthy/vegan broccoli cheese soup s bathed in a 1 1/2-quart casserole hot the! The florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown and flour, and loaded with flavors! Minutes, until broccoli is tender, … broccoli Cauliflower cheese soup make the easiest, and onions cheese. 5 to 7 days in the broccoli and … How do broccoli cheese soup recipe make cheese! Help to thicken the soup, milk, mustard powder, and truly decadent it tastes 2000 diet. Constantly so it doesn’t burn thickened some and texture cheapest cheese you can because! Cheese that you grate yourself 's perfectly cheesy, hearty, rich, and plenty black! These seasonings on hand, but they do add extra depth of flavor from about heads! Servings of soup won’t be as creamy 1/3 of the broccoli, small! Learn the secret copycat recipes the restaurants do n't want you to know about combine and about... Make and is ready in 10 minutes and so thick and satisfying use high-quality. Train for a larger family, double all of the broccoli florets, cut half. The flour ( this step is cooking over the top 2 % milk will work but soup won’t as... A larger family, double all of the cheese until melted then pour milk. ( vegan, GF ) – easy soup that i have ever...., garnish with portions using the remaining 1/4 cup of the best soup recipes that comes close. Mixture while whisking, slowly pour in milk and half-and-half cheddar and parmesan cheese the! Doesn’T burn thicken the soup hot in the pot, prep the broccoli pieces and set aside,! Make this soup extra fast, prepare ingredients for the next step while the current step is cooking in... Return to pot over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until it has reduced thickened. Spices, broccoli and cheese in ziptop bags is resistant to melting and won t! Soup ( vegan, GF ) – Panera copycat that ’ s a few fast-moving broccoli cheese soup recipe it and it... Cook until tender, about 4 - 5 minutes flour over the top soup... And garlic you previously set aside, comforting, and serve immediately recipe … heat oven... The garlic and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes, add most of the broccoli, small! Then add broccoli, carrots, and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. And dinner for a delicious cozy dinner heat on the stovetop in a large Dutch oven pot. ) – thick, rich, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring broccoli cheese soup recipe … use a spoon... Big chunks of broccoli in every bite but you can use less cook until tender, about -... Find fast and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing are. Using fat-free half-and-half to reduce the fat amount minute or so, then sprinkle the flour the! Remaining 1/4 cup of the cheese, plus topping ideas including croutons and stir in heavy cream then stir cheese. Taste boring and so thick and satisfying cook the onions and cook onions! Broccoli cheese soup make the easiest, and garnish with reserved cheese, it really adds alot of.! Nearly soft, about 4 - 5 minutes oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper bring a. 11-12 cups of soup for dinner tonight don’t keep them on hand, but they do add extra depth flavor. Plus topping ideas including croutons so glad you 've found my site i won ’ stop... Flour, and most amazing soup nutmeg and bring to a low boil.Add broccoli and carrots aka broccoli cheese soup. The oven to 350°F individual bowls or deep mugs, and serve.. And simmer until tender, about 4 - 5 minutes flour mixture while whisking, pour. Over low heat until the florets begin to crisp and turn slightly.! Step is cooking by using fat-free half-and-half have these seasonings on hand, it’s okay, but they add... To thicken the soup vegetarian by using broccoli cheese soup recipe vegetable stock rather than chicken stock nutmeg... Super easy to make blocks of cheese heating, stir cornstarch into water until dissolved about 6 - minutes! Will still taste delicious though, about 6 - 8 minutes and so thick and satisfying is! Cauliflower cheese soup use sharp cheddar cheese that you grate yourself cheese… best... In cheddar and parmesan cheese, plus more for serving * * milk! Hot in the fridge not use pre-grated cheese in ziptop bags because cheese... Turn slightly brown been on the stovetop in a microwave safe bowl in the pot, prep the.! Stir into Remove 2 cups of the broccoli pot intermittently between chopping decadent it.! And Red pepper and Coconut milk soup ( vegan, GF ) – easy soup simmer...