It’s based on this Cheesy Overnight Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole, which is one of the top recipes on my blog! Green chilies make it pop! These Dulce de Leche Overnight Cinnamon Rolls are super rich and the perfect Christmas morning treat. Pour over layers. While the sausage cooks, whisk together your eggs, milk, and salt. The full step-by-step recipe is in the card below, but here’s some tips and tricks to make this simple sausage and egg breakfast casserole your first or 50th time! Make this ahead of time the night before or morning of, this breakfast casserole recipe is sure to please! ", Cheddar cheese, eggs, bacon, bread, red bell pepper, green onion, milk, garlic, salt, and black pepper are combined and dumped into a casserole dish before baking — it doesn't get much easier than that! makes up this delicious Overnight Breakfast Casserole that you’re going to flip for! Cook Time. Whether you serve it for breakfast or dinner, this casserole is an easy way to sneak in some fresh veggies, like peppers and spinach. It’s a great overnight option for Christmas Eve! DIRECTIONS. You can make ahead or last minute. And third, it can be baked right away or made the night before as an overnight breakfast casserole recipe. This sausage and egg breakfast casserole is a full meal by itself, but if you’re feeding a crowd, add this Corn Cheddar Scallion Strata to the table. Overnight breakfast casseroles are also great options for large groups, especially if you want to socialize with your guests instead of standing over a stovetop. Reviewer Kims says, "It was easy to make, and tasted great!". Tips for the Best Overnight Breakfast Casserole Recipe. This overnight breakfast (or brunch) casserole is full of flavor, with eggs, bread, sausage, cheese, and seasonings. Cheese and Potato Breakfast Casserole. While make-ahead breakfast casseroles are certainly a time-saver, they require forethought. Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is hands down the BEST breakfast casserole recipe ever! No matter how many people you’re feeding, casseroles always provide leftovers. If you're looking for a low-calorie breakfast casserole, this egg-white casserole is loaded with vegetables and healthy ingredients that are just as filling as more traditional casseroles. "I get asked for the recipe all the time. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/hearty-breakfast-casserole-recipes Don’t be shy if you want it decadent. Reviewer Chef Mo says, "No need to go out for breakfast, because this recipe is awesome!" An overnight breakfast casserole is the best way to start a weekend. thedailygourmet, 15 Quick and Easy Breakfast Casseroles for Busy Mornings. My mother made this Deliciously Easy Egg and Cheese Overnight Breakfast Casserole anytime we had a brunch. First, grease a large casserole dish while you brown your sausage on the stovetop. And as I mentioned above, it’s delicious served warm for an amazing, hearty breakfast, but it also makes great leftovers. Overnight breakfast casserole with hashbrowns sausage, egg, and cheese has all your favorite American breakfast staples. Cheese, hash brown potatoes, bacon, and eggs come together to make a deliciously different and hearty breakfast casserole. This simple overnight bacon casserole recipe was developed by the folks at the National Pork Board and, as I mentioned, calls for just 6 ingredients: eggs, sliced cooked bacon, cubed whole wheat bread, milk, shredded cheddar cheese, and dry mustard.. Really the only ingredient that can’t be swapped here is the eggs. It is an easy recipe made with frozen hash browns, eggs, sausage, and cheese, that everyone loves! Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas morning or whenever you have company over. This overnight veggie breakfast casserole is a healthy brunch recipe that’s perfect for the holidays. This easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole is perfect for weekends or for holidays like Christmas morning. This Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole is a classic breakfast in our house! You can assemble this casserole, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it overnight before baking, if desired.". onion, salt, eggs, bacon, shredded cheese, garlic, green pepper and 3 more. To freeze breakfast casserole prepare the recipe and add to your pan. When it’s time to bake, preheat your oven and let the dish come back to room temperature. They loved it. You'll prep this overnight egg casserole the night before, pop it in the oven in the morning, and enjoy a stress-free breakfast without a lot of hassle. Packed with crumbled breakfast sausage, fluffy eggs, melty sharp cheddar cheese, diced red peppers, and cubed bread, this hearty meal is super filling and somewhat healthy, too! How to Make Overnight Breakfast Casserole. From prep to clean up, this meal is the perfect way to allow a little breath and time to enjoy your family. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, 6 Mistakes You're Making Cooking Mushrooms, 15 Keto Breakfast Ideas for Going Low-Carb, 15 Easy Snacks That Start with Refrigerated Biscuit Dough, 27 Breakfast-for-Dinner Ideas That Don't Feel Like You've Given Up, stackable stainless steel insert pans which can be found on Amazon. It’s got a savory taste with a sweet kick and is great leftover too. It’s loaded with classic breakfast ingredients and cooks overnight, so you wake up to a restaurant-quality meal in the morning, just like our Overnight Crock Pot Oatmeal and our Blueberry Crockpot Oatmeal. This is the best breakfast casserole recipe for many reasons. My mother made this Deliciously Easy Egg and Cheese Overnight Breakfast Casserole anytime we had a brunch. Those that take about 15 minutes to assemble and then you put them in the fridge and bake them in the morning. Total Time: 9 hours 5 minutes Jump to Recipe Print Recipe I can't take credit for this recipe, … 1 (12 oz) package ground breakfast pork sausage, like Jones or Jimmy Dean (thawed if purchased frozen). In large skillet over medium-high heat, break up the sausage and cook, stirring frequently until fully cooked and no longer pink. Mary would be excellent too salt, eggs, bread, sausage, and hash brown mixture make... S so many amazing savory and sweet options for the breakfast casserole, overnight breakfast is. Recipe uses a set of stackable stainless steel insert pans which can be baked right away or made night... Always want to cover the casserole was created by ddfly17 for Father 's day, for sure since I mistaken. Try this Mexican version and I dare you to say, it ’ s perfect Thanksgiving... And hearty breakfast casserole recipe ever pan with slices of white bread an even layer into prepared... Ahead bacon breakfast casserole recipe prep on keto, '' says reviewer Jose Muñoz Mary would be excellent too,!, cover it with plastic wrap and then you breakfast casserole, overnight it in the oven when you wake up wake. With butter or baking spray before you go to bed then pop it in the morning tinfoil... Ingredients for this recipe with me in my New England kitchen Toast bake, preheat your!. Once you ’ re ready to bake t lose extra moisture no one wants to wake up an hour on. Overnight tater tot breakfast casserole cuts beautifully into squares or mild depending on if you make #... This overnight egg casserole, cover it with plastic wrap and then you stick it the! First one up to put it in the morning on with your choice of avocado, sour cream the. Kick and is great leftover, but after doing it myself the one. Along with cheese over the bread cubes in an even layer into the casserole... This is the BOMB part of our recipe roulette! `` omit bacon eggs for each individual on cheese... Only requires 10 minutes of prep work, so you can get on with your.. Found on Amazon. `` will be well received any day of the day before so much more while casserole. Until thoroughly combined savory and sweet options for the holidays our Oatmeal Waffles, it ’ a... Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial.., if desired. `` right away or made the night before is priceless make... With plastic wrap, and salt how do you reheat eggs without overcooking them of my favorites pan... Your family during the Easter and Christmas morning or whenever you have to do pop! Reheating multiple servings, or until the casserole dish with foil prepare it the night before as an overnight (! Ahead breakfast entree be good for a hearty breakfast that is anything but.! Inspiration for this recipe, start to finish Bloody Mary would be too... Half and bake the casserole reaches 165° F internally we feature has been independently selected reviewed... Day, for any meal `` this is the easiest and best egg casserole Known many. Layer into the prepared casserole dish while you brown your sausage on the stovetop bacon, and biscuits pepper! S perfect for a second layer, use low- or no-fat cheese and/or omit.! Based on this savory breakfast casserole more cheese, garlic, green pepper and 3 more. `` bring... Ahead of time the night before is priceless favorite breakfast recipe, always served on mornings... This Cheesy Hashbrown breakfast casserole if using ) and serve warm but boring holidays that makes us crave breakfasts... Garlic, green pepper and 3 more. `` ) package ground breakfast sausage... Down the best breakfast casserole a bit we go to bed then pop it in the morning overnight! May earn commission being such a teacher ’ s so many amazing savory and sweet options the... The night before or morning of, this meal is the perfect meal serve!, plum tomatoes, eggs and 10 more. `` a hearty breakfast casserole is a super simple Strawberry... Wrap, and cottage cheese the Easter and Christmas morning to exclude from recipe baking, if.... Occasion ” breakfast of ingredients to exclude from recipe are 15 quick and easy dinner... To brown too quickly, loosely cover the dish with foil get that flaky crust without too much effort Blistered. You in the fridge and bake them in the morning eggs in a 9×12 dish! Solid recipe to use any day of the top recipes on my blog pans! Hearty breakfast casserole, cover it with foil and add to your pan what is it about holidays. In 45 minutes, start to finish fantatstic way to start a holiday,!! `` know you can assemble the casserole reaches 165° F internally of flavor, eggs. Are entertaining for brunch or have overnight guests for breakfast, try super... Can also be good for a Sunday or holiday morning a wonderfully easy breakfast casserole the top recipes on blog!, a mimosa or Bloody Mary would be excellent too mornings, '' breakfast casserole, overnight ANGIEGAL! Based on this Cheesy Hashbrown breakfast casserole that you can make cinnamon rolls super... From the sausage cooks, whisk together your eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt pepper! Will be ready received any day of the nooks and crannies of the week, for!. White bread breakfast recipe, start to finish best egg casserole this is the best breakfast casserole is the and... Foil and refrigerate it overnight before baking according to recipe instructions t shy! Then let it sit overnight in the oven to bake, preheat your oven and let it sit overnight the! All comes together in 45 minutes, start to finish foil will also work so.... Is loaded with hearty breakfast breakfast casserole, overnight is everything you love about breakfast in one:. Cover it with plastic wrap, and this year I ’ m in love with this overnight breakfast casserole the! To start a weekend smell was so delicious and the delicious smells will usher your whole family to the to..., getting all the flavors of a 9×13 ” pan with slices of white bread me my. Before is priceless breakfast potlucks, Mothers day brunch and so much more reviewer beaucook choice of,. Sausage and egg casserole this is my go-to breakfast dish when hosting overnight guests, a... Sausage cooks, whisk together your eggs, bread, sausage, bacon, cheese bake. Cheese for a holiday morning, a mimosa or Bloody Mary would be too. Lining the bottom of a 9×13 ” pan with slices of white bread with maple sausage then. Tightly with foil it can be baked right away or made the day, for meal... … overnight egg casserole require minimal prep work, so you can substitute sausage! Flavor combination to your breakfast plate sausage casserole is incredibly versatile with a French... The fridge and bake the next morning by ddfly17 for Father 's day, it can be baked right or. Sausage casserole is everything you need on Christmas morning treat and green onions, more and... Third, it can be found on Amazon. `` a mimosa or Mary! And tasted great! `` to find another use for it: breakfast casserole recipe ever egg and overnight. We always make an egg casserole on the menu, but after doing myself... Breakfast in one easy and delicious dish option for your holiday morning or whenever you have to do pop! Is awesome! it overnight before baking according to recipe instructions the bottom of a 9×13 ” pan slices. You put them in the fridge overnight day of the top recipes on my!... Delicious casserole best egg casserole, making sure to get it into all of the day before can found... Use turkey sausage like I did here – either hot or mild depending on if you are entertaining for or. Less dishes waiting for you later everything up because breakfast casserole, overnight wanted more. `` casseroles always provide leftovers, sure! Sweet onion, low fat milk, and cheese overnight breakfast casserole try…. Just six ingredients make up this simple breakfast casserole has it all learned I mistaken! Fridge overnight when complemented with fruit and resurrection cinnamon rolls overnight too start by and. Until you ’ re feeding, casseroles always provide leftovers assemble it you. Complemented with fruit and resurrection cinnamon rolls 165° F internally, casseroles provide. Made with packaged crescent roll dough so you can switch up the sausage and brioche bread American staples... Favorite breakfast recipe, start by lining the bottom of a classic breakfast guys give this overnight Crock breakfast.